Friday, May 20, 2011

I miss you, Dad

My father passed away at around 4 AM, 18 May 2011. He was getting ready for work and, we suppose, had a heart attack. Great health. No previous signs. Just gone.
I don't even know how to write about this. A thousand thoughts are floating around my head. My heart feels like it stopped beating. I just feel sad, angry, numb, and whatever the adjective is for denial. My mother and I are dealing with things: arranging funeral sevices, going through paperwork, that sort of thing. It's hard, but we're working through it. I'm worried about her. She's a strong woman, though and she'll make it through ok.
My father was the smartest man I know. I'm not just saying that; he really is. He was the quintessential "jack-of-all-trades." He knew a lot about of every little thing. He could be hard to love sometimes, but he was loved, nevertheless. I think he'd be touched by how many friends and family have come out and shown their support. He really was well-liked. I'm gonna miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment